BMW 135i | 335i | 1M Intercooler FMIC (Sport Version) E82, E9X | N54 N55 by BMW tuner, Active Autowerke
Looking to maintain the power on your BMW 135i and 335i?
Install the Active Autowerke BMW 135i 335i intercooler sport version for nearly factory-like fitment and experience the meaning of sustainable BMW power in a compact package. The factory intercooler maybe adequate for the stock power, but with raised boost comes more heat to dissipate. To overcome this...a larger intercooler is the answer.
The total area of our new core is much larger than the factory counterpart. Dyno testing revealed a temperature drop of close to 30 degrees Fahrenheit less in the intake manifold air temperature and close to 10 more usable rear wheel HP on our Mustang MD250 dynamometer. The ambient air temperature in our shop measured 92 degrees F during the test.
The Active Autowerke BMW 135i, 335i intercooler is the best performing bolt-on performance intercooler that you can buy. Simply by bolting on this intercooler on a stock car, you can expect over 10 wheel horsepower gains due to the revised efficiency, or even more with additional performance modifications like our Active Autowerke BMW 135i Downpipe. This intercooler is created to handle more internal air flows than its stock counterpart, and will not heat soak as readily like the BMW factory unit.
BMW 135i 335i Intercooler Benefits And Design For Performance
Designed from inception, this BMW 135i, 335i intercooler has the largest swept area that could possibly be fitted within the narrow space confines that the BMW factory allowed. Simply put, this BMW intercooler will perform and deliver consistent, reliable power run after run without power robbing heat soak.
Some minor cutting is required. This Active Autowerke BMW intercooler features the industry standard of a bar and plate core design with seamless cast end tanks that utilize the OEM quick connectors for the easiest install possible. Proper placement of heavy duty mounting tabs ensure for a good fitment.
Designed specifically for the BMW E8X 135i and E9X 335i in 2 door and 4 door configurations. With the addition of CNC machined outlets the installation of our sport intercooler is easier than ever!
Large but compact, it delivers the performance reliably and consistently as intended with the added features to be reversible if the need arises.
- Industry standard bar and plate core design for that rugged construction
- Delivers substantially more internal airflow than the factory BMW unit
- No heat soak measured on street application
- Delivers an increase in BMW performance consistently
- Cast end tanks with sturdy mounting bosses
- CNC Machined outlets to accept the OEM charge pipe connections
- Detailed CD instructions featuring mostly pictures with less text
- Easy to install to the factory set-up with the benefits of reversibility if needed
- Intercooler core dimensions 5.25" Tall, 20.00" Wide,5.25" Thick
- Capable for up to 550 WHP
- Available in Black or Silver