Code Scanner OBDII
Today's BMWs have a CHECK ENG or SERVICE ENG light to warn the end user of an upcoming or occurring problem relating to the engine or emission control system and other key engine components by performing either a continuous or periodic tests of specific components and vehicle conditions. When a problem is detected, not only is the light turned on, but important information is also stored about the detected malfunction enabling a technician to accurately find and fix the problem.
The Code Scanner provides you with an easy and quick access to the diagnostic trouble codes that is causing your vehicle's problems.u00a0 It easily retrieves diagnostic trouble code definitions on all OBD11/EOBD compliant vehicles sold worldwide since 1996. This compact and professional reader has the same functions and benefits as larger, more expensive diagnostic scanners.
- Work with all 1996 and later OBD11 compliant BMWs
- Easily determines the cause of the "CHECK ENG LIGHT"
- Retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3 and UO), manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes and pending codes
- Turn off Check Engine Light, clear codes and reset monitors
- Display DTC definitions on screen
- Display complete live engine data stream
- View freeze frame data
- State OBD11 check for emissions
- Display monitor and status for emissions
- Multilingual menu and DTC Definitions - English, Spanish, French, German
- Retrieve vehicle information (VIN #)
- Support CAN (Controller Area Network) and all other current OBD11 protocol
- Comes ready to use
- Does not require any special programming
- Display: Backlit, 128 x 64 pixel display
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 140 deg F
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 158 deg F
- Power: 8 to 18 DCV provide via vehicle battery
- Small and Compact: L4.34" x W2.74" x H0.80" weight 0.75 Lbs.