E9X M3 Stoptech Big Brake Kit - Front
*Note: The brakes are custom order and may take up to 3 weeks to recieve them.
General Benefits of Big Brake Kits
The key, however, is to increase heat capacity and reduce compliance without upsetting the stock front to rear brake torque ratio. If the brake upgrade you select adds too much front torque (as many do), you reduce your car's ability to utilize the traction capacity of all of the tires to the maximum practical extent (even on ABS equipped cars) and you therefore create performance sacrifices. In addition, too many pistons or pistons that are too large will make the brake pedal much more difficult to modulate, which limits a driver's control of brake input on the race track.
Advantages of StopTech over other brake upgrades:
- Shorter Stopping Distances
- Better Brake Modulation
- Firmer Brake Pedal
- Less Brake Fade
Feature Benefit Summary:
- Balanced Brake Upgrades™ with optimum brake bias offer the shortest stopping distance with the best pedal feel
- Our patented AeroRotors® with the best airflow available result in better cooling, less fade and longer rotor and pad life
- The stiffest aftermarket calipers with patented bridge result in better clamping under hard braking and less pad taper
- Track testing of new applications ensures optimum performance
Improved cooling and heat capacity means less fade
StopTech has incorporated several design innovations to improve rotor airflow, cooling and heat capacity. The ability to absorb and dissipate heat is essential to brake system performance.
Benefits of Improved Airflow
- Less fade
- Longer rotor and pad life
- Beter performance
STIFFER CALIPERS MEAN BETTER PERFORMANCE AND FEEL
Using finite element analysis (FEA) modeling software, we have designed a bolt-in bridge strong enough to stop distortion without sacrificing cooling through the top of the caliper. Distortion is virtually eliminated. The fully forged StopTech ST-40 caliper has the least flex of any tested aftermarket and OE caliper. The air channel in the bridge is designed to help air flow through the retainer, resulting in better cooling.
Benefits of Stiffer Calipers:
- Better performance with less vibration, noise and pad taper
- Better pedal feel under extreme braking conditions
- No radial pad taper
- 2 piece floating directional AeroRotors with hats (pre-assembled)
- Stainless steel brake lines
- Caliper mounting brackets
- Street performance pads